Donate to the MPTA Institute for Education and Research, Inc
To Make a Donation Online:
Contribute to the Michigan Physical Therapy Institute Fund managed by the Michigan Capitol Region Community Foundation.
This fund is an endowment and the MPTA Institute uses only the interest and dividends from the fund. The principal grows for future use of the Institute.
Click Here to make an online donation to the Michigan Capitol Community Foundation for the Michigan Physical Therapy Institute Fund new window
Under the section "Donate to a Fund of Your Choice" type Michigan Physical Therapy Institute Fund. And follow the prompts from there to complete your donation.
As further documentation, we recommend that you include the name "Capital Region Community Foundation" on your check as well as the specific fund (Michigan Physical Therapy Association Institute Fund) in the memo field.
- Checks should be mailed to:
Capital Region Community Foundation
330 Marshall Street, Suite 300
Lansing, MI 48912
These donations are managed by the Michigan Physical Therapy Association Institute Trustees. The money received will be used by the Institute for grant funding, scholarships, to encourage research and presentation of information at state conference and programs. This is a 501(c) 3 and a receipt will be mailed for your donation.
To donate please print the Donation Form and make your check payable to the MPTA Institute and mail to MPTA Institute, 1390 Eisenhower Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48108. Click Here for the MPTA Institute Donation Form.pdf new window
Your Donations Make a Difference!
Thank you on behalf of the MPTA Institute for Education and Research, Inc. Institute Trustees Grant Application
Established in 2006, this grant is intended to provide seed money for either basic or clinical research relating to physical therapy.
- Funding: One grant of up to $500 will be awarded annually. Funding period is from May 1 through April 30 of the following year.
- Eligibility: Professional membership in the MPTA is required. Eligible researchers must either be licensed physical therapists or physical therapist assistants within the state of Michigan.
- Application: Fill out the Insitute Trustees Grant Application
( Word Document: 24kb). Deadline is March 31 each year. All completed applications must be submitted via e-mail to Marcy Dwyer at the MPTA office.
- Commitment: Grant recipients must agree to present their research findings at the MPTA Annual meeting after completion of the study.
As part of its role in supporting and encouraging clinical research in the State of Michigan, the MPTA Institute for Education and Research is requesting grant applications. This program is intended to provide $75 out-of-pocket expenses for ongoing research projects, and to encourage the development of new projects.
To apply, please provide a cover letter and an abstract as described below.
The abstract should be a brief description (less than 500 words) of the proposed project including the purpose, methods, expected results and potential relevance of the project to physical therapy.
A cover letter should contain the following:
- Name, home address, email address and telephone number of the applicant.
- Employed physical therapist should list employer's name, employment address and phone number. For students - school name, school address and phone number.
- A statement of the request for money and what the money will be used for within the project
- A statement of where the research is to take place.
- A statement certifying compliance with all appropriate human use an animal use procedures and approvals.
- Endorsement of the investigator's supervisor (for students, the research advisor) stating that the project is feasible and in keeping with the institutional policies and procedures.
Please note that the review process takes approximately two to four weeks to complete.
Send application to: Small Research Grant Program MPTA Institute for Education & Research 1390 Eisenhower Place, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
MPTA Student Member Announcement
Apply for the Filippis Family Scholarship of $500!
The Wright and Filippis Family Scholarship is available to students in their final year of a PT program in a Michigan PT School who will be graduating prior to June 30 of the following year.
Multiple scholarships are available, limited to one graduate from each Michigan PT school, and are based on applicants' eligibility and submitted documentation.
Application Deadline: August 1.
Click Here for More Information and Application.
The MPTA Institute would like to acknowledge the continued support of the Filippis Family and the Wright & Filippis organization for making this scholarship program possible. Thank you! MPTA Institute for Education and Research, Inc. - Trustees
- MPTA Institute President:Martha Schiller, PT, DPT, MSA
- MPTA Institute Treasurer: Donna Fry, PT, PhD
- MPTA Institute Awards: Cynthia Kincaid, PT, MS
- MPTA Institute Grants: Annemarie Kammann, PT, PCS